OGILBY Strip Map Puckeridge to Kings Lynn, Four Shire stones to Montgomery

£14.99
A Circa (about) 1939 Double Sided Reproduction Map 43
 

  

Puckeridge to  Kings Lynn, Four Shire stones to Montgomery

These double sided maps were originally produced in around 1675 by John Ogilby - Presented here is a circa 1939 reproduction - so still very old!

The first side is from:

Puckeridge to Kings Lyn  

Featuring towns, villages and places of local interest including:


Puckeridge, Standen, enter a hollow way, Hamels house, Boughton, Hormead Parva, Hare Street, Hormead Magna, Bingham House, Anstye, Withiall, an old chapel at the lane ends, Barkway, Chishall, Haydon, A high green bank called Fulmere Bank, Mildred, Fowlmere, Sheper heath, Thryplow, Foxton, Newton , Earlstone, 
Hawkston, Hassem Mill, Trumpinaton, Huntington, Chesterton, Imqrington ?, Ditton, Milton, Horswinsey, Alms house , waterbeach, Derney Abbey, Fenny Ground, The Ferry house, Streatham, Fenny ground on each side 
Ely, Ye River Ouse ,  Miel, Chetsham, Woodhouse, Littleport, Great level of ye fens, Penstock, Brandkricks end, Ye Causey ferry, Downham ferry, Southery, Helgaye river, Snowes Hall, Hardham chapel, Russen hall, Crowes Hall, Downham, Wimbotsham, Stow, Stow Hall, Watlington Park, Houghton Chapel, Watlington, Totnal, Totnal heath 
Seechy, West Winch, Hardwick, Marsh Landon, Southgate, Kings Lyn 



 

~~~~~~~

 

The second side is from:

 The Four Shire Stones to Montgomery. 

Featuring towns, villages and places of local interest including:

Darnton, Even lode Brooke, Brad Campden, Campden, The road to Stratford, Broad Way Hill, St. Berry, Willersley, to Childs Wickham, Eves Holme ( Esam or could be Evesham ), Hampton, Fladbury, Piddle, the road to Pershaw, road to Piddleton, Oversloe windmill, Lord Berkleys, Spechley, Spechley Green, road to Pershaw, Worcester, Hallow, Hallow Park, Grunley, (small hole in map ), to Hartlebury and Droitwich, Whitley, Mr. Cooleys, to Martley Hundred  Miel House, to Kidderminster, stocks, to Martley, to Budley, Woodbridge, Lyndridge, Estham, Newnhams Bridge, enter Shropshire, Tenbury, Burford, to Wenlock, a wood bridge and brook called Ledwick, a mill, an elm, to Bridgnorth, to Ashford House, Ludlow, to Lady Chaulto, to Stanton Lacy, Bromfield, Oniberry, to Shrewsbury, Stoake, Newton, to Clunbury, Hoppey, Edgton, possibly Battlegate, Deppery, to Lidbury, Huggleman Hill, enter Montgomeryshire, to Middleton Hall, Cherstock, Lord Herberts Park, Montgomery showing the castle. 

~~~~~~~

It measures overall 300 x 240 mm (12 x 9.5 inches) approx. It is in good condition with a little fading around the edges.You must excuse some of the spelling as parts are written in old English. This map would look wonderful mounted (matted) and framed. ( 43 ).


 
Condition Used
Weight 0.225kg