OGILBY Strip Map Bridgwater to Hatherley, Hatherley to Truro

£14.99
A Circa (about) 1939 Double Sided Reproduction Map 33
 

  

Bridgwater to Hatherley to Truro

These double sided maps were originally produced in around 1675 by John Ogilby - Presented here is a circa 1939 reproduction - so still very old!

The first side is from:

Bridgwater to Hatherley

Featuring towns, villages and places of local interest including:


Bridgwater,   Durlay,   to Stone Hall,   Rochester,   Enmore,   Rochester Park,  road to Overstow,   Water pits,   Morledge Common,   Sir John Flowels Park called Park Hern,   Wivelcomb,   Mr. Bagboros house,   Bagboro,   To Bagboro Hill, To Bishops Lidiard, East Bagboro Heath, To Dunster, To Wivelscomb, To Stowey, To St Laurence, Willet Ford Brook, Esquire Lacy's Hartrow House, To Watchet, To Bampton, To Luxburough,  to Withihill, Dunstar Willcot, Willcot Water, Newis Mill, Brumpton Regis Church, Brumpton wood, Dulverton, Arche over Dunsbrok, Whitmore common, to east Ansty, enter Devonshire, to Tiverton, Smallacon common, Durlyford or Burlyford, Bormar Common, Bush mill, Bush Bridge, Russon or Ruffon, Cotton Hill, The Moult river, South Moulton, Adder brook, To East And West Buckland, Southalls, Philley House, Philley Brook,  Something Fortescue ? , Sumbridge church, Honycott Brook, Lankey Church, Crodlemans cross, Cotton Beacon of stone, Newport, A wood bridge called equney bridge, Barnstable, Miels,  Lanstock, to cleve, To bediford, Roundshill, Laustock church, St Johns Chapel, To Biddeler House, To Newton Tracy, Hunshaw or Hurshaw common, Hunshaw, To Comb house, To Chumleigh, Torrington, Little Torrington, Ye Duke of Albermarles, To Spackel house, To Densheer House, Marton, Martin wood, to Petherickstow or Padstow, Stockley, Mesh, To Shipwash, Hatherley.  

 

~~~~~~~

 

The second side is from:

Hatherley to Truro   

Featuring towns, villages and places of local interest including:

Hatherley,   Beworthy Church,   road to Oakhampton,   to Great Oakinton also Oakhampton,   Ivy,   Ashwater,   to Tavistock,   Bridge or river called Derizary,   to Sir William Morris called Worriton,   enter Cornwall,   Worriton Church,   Layncesto ( Launceston ),   Newport or St. Stephen,   A rill called Blindwell,   Tresmnre,   East Leam Church,   Treveglos Church,   Hall Drunkard also Hallworthy,   to Bodman  (Bodmin ),   to Boscastle,   Cambleford,   Helson in Trigg,   St. Teath,   to Bedwen,   Tregeare,   Peadoggett,   to St. Jew,   Lesonser ?,   Indullion also Endellion,   road to Tarranger,   Tredessick ?,   Predilly,   across the River Camel to Padstow,   St. Marys,   St. Tissey,   Miels,   Trerilada,   Treriblin,   St. Colombe,   to Colombe Manor,   St. John,   St. David,   St. Tenedor,   Michel or Mickel also St. Michael,   to Peron Sands,   Tutham House,   to Pengilly House.   to Treworge House,   St. Ern,   to Probus,   a great wood,   Truro

~~~~~~~

It measures overall 300 x 240 mm (12 x 9.5 inches) approx. It is in good condition with a little fading around the edges.You must excuse some of the spelling as parts are written in old English. This map would look wonderful mounted (matted) and framed. ( 33 ).


 
Condition Used
Weight 0.225kg